Venture Capital is an English term describing investments in predominantly young companies (start ups). Islamic Venture Capital is referred to if those companies do not violate Islamic principles.
The investment undertaken as Venture Capital is usually based on the principle of profit/loss sharing (equity finance), which is basically the Islamic mode named musharaka.
- Malaysian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association
- MENA Private Equity Association
- Guidelines and Best Practices on Islamic Venture Capital, Securities Commission 2008
- Venture Capital: A Potential Model of Musharakah, by Sami Suwailem
- Islamic venture capital - A critical examination, by Masudul Alam Choudhury