Talk:Islamic financial institutions
From Islamic Finance WIKI
Revision as of 02:25, 15 March 2010 by Blake
- Each entry could carry a link to the respective news site: http://www.islamicfinance.de/?q=news (see drop down menue and the link will appear in the browser bar for copy and paste)
- The listed firms shall be marked if they are an Islamic Window rather than a full Islamic financial institution (IFIs)
- IslamicFinance.de shows also a list of companies under http://www.islamicfinance.de/?q=news , which should be cross checked by a volunteer for further IFIs
- I think that eventually, each institution should have its own page, which can include information on total assets, history, as well as a link to the news page as you suggest.
- I was not sure how much information should be displayed on this page or how the institutions should be organized within each country. For example, in the US, I organized them by type (bank, non-bank financial company, mutual fund).
- There are likely some cross-border IFIs that will need to be either listed under the country where it is headquartered or listed under every country where it conducts Islamic finance operations.